Sunday, January 10, 2016

Jee-hyoun Kim/ Ch.4 Essay First Draft /IEW

When I was young, I really like to spend my time in a library. I like the peaceful silence in there. Reading a book in a quiet place always made me feel calm and relaxed. As I grow up, I like to spend time in café. I go to café to get a coffee almost every day. Though it is not as quiet as library that I used to love, I started to like to spend some time in there, too. I read books, do assignments, and have a conversation with my friends.

When I first visit this café called 'Comma', I had a feeling that I was in a library. The walls were filled with huge book shelves. And there are various coaches with tables that looks comfortable. People usually visit there to read books so they hardly anyone talk loudly. They order a coffee find a book they would like to read, and get a sit. This place looked half library, half café. The scent of coffee and books are mixed, and that makes this place really attractive. If you close your eyes, you can notice that this place is filled with the sound of classical music, coffee machine, and small chat between other customers. The volume of the background music is so small that the customers barely noticed what music is being played. The coffee and other beverage taste just like the other ordinary cafes. But the atmosphere make customer visit here, whether they are alone or not.

I live far from this café, but I occasionally visit here. This café is like a photo album for me that I spent the most precious time in here. I came here only with the people I love. Whenever I come here, this place reminded me of that time. The feeling that I'm in library and café at the same time also made me love this place. If I go alone, I bring the burdens of works that I had to do. In this café, I could work or study hard as if I was in the library. If I had a chance to visit near here with someone else, I always tell them how much I love to be in here.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jee-hyoun^_^ I can feel that the atmosphere in this cafe is very comfortable from your writing. This cafe looks alike a library with coffee scent and classical backgroung music. You gave the description of the senses helped me to imagine the feeling of the whole place. I would like to visit this cafe too.
    And I think in this writing , it is better to aviod using the word “could”.
    Thank you^_^

    PangWingPui

    ReplyDelete