Sunday, January 3, 2016

IEW / 201303233 Hwisoo Jung / Eleonora

Her name is Eleonora, I got to know her for the first time when I started living in Italy, Siena. In early January 2015, I was asking for a right direction to go to Piazza del Campo (the main plaza in Siena) when I was lost on the street. She was a 16 years old Italian high school student and accompanied me to Piazza del Campo. After that, she kindly gave me her phone number too. "Contact me whenever you need some help in Italy!" Smiling, she said to me with her husky voice affectionately. That's how we started contacting, and since then we hung out from time to time together.

 She's originally from Milan but moved to Siena 5 years ago with family because of her dad's work. Her mom, dad and 2 years older brother, Edoardo are living altogether for now in Siena but Eleonora will apply for some universities in Milan this year to study there for more opportunities in her life.

She was my first Italian friend who has a long, wavy brown hair. She's average height, which is around 165cm and somewhat slim with long arms and legs. She goes to gym regularly to stay in fit. Her big hazel eyes always twinkle with joy whenever she talks with others. She doesn't wear makeup that much but she wears lip gloss when going out. Her freckles on the middle part of her nose, ruddy and freckled cheeks, two front snaggleteeth make her look more adorable and girlish. She loves drawing. She goes out at least once a week to draw in Piazza del Campo sitting, relaxing there. Once, I hung out with her when she brought her sketchbook after having decided to draw me. As she got started, I could observe her quite serious and professional look. Even if I called her, she was so focused on her work that she didn't realize I had called her. After almost an hour, she finished and showed her drawing to me, totally satisfied herself. "Drawing always makes me feel comfortable and soothe me, however I feel in any circumstance. I draw when I want to be lost in thought. I can always concentrate on my thinking by drawing." She grinned after saying so. Before I went back to Korea, she also had presented me some pieces of her amazing drawings. I could see how hard she had tried on her work and she looked truly happy whenever she gave her slogged drawings to others. She'll be the happiest person from all over the world once you compliment on her drawings.

Eleonora is also an organized girl. She always brings diary with her so that she could remember her everyday trivial schedule. She showed me her diary once, and I was surprised at her meticulous planning. Unlike other typical Italian friends, she was very punctual and was never late at our appointment. Her friends also had tried to plan things on diary to be punctual like her, but just gave it up after trying it for 1 month in maximum. In other words, Eleonora doesn't like waiting for others. She often gets mad when her friends are late. But once they apologize for being late, she smiles again and becomes a cheerful, bubbly girl that laughs at a loud voice and giggles with friends all the time.

Others say that she's such an outgoing and friendly girl who doesn't stop smiling when she's with others. They say it's as if there's a bright light when they're with her as she lights up her surroundings with her own unique, lively and vivacious character. I also agree with their statements and you'll feel it right away once you meet her. 
 She's such a lovely girl who gives joy to others not only with her bubbly characteristic but also with her drawings. She's my best Italian friend, and even if we can't meet anymore as we're too far away, I'm truly glad that we keep in touch still now.

2 comments:

  1. Daeseong Ko

    You describes your friend well both her appearance and her personality. The expression like 'big hazel eyes' makes me think her face precisely as if she is standing in front of me. Furthermore, your description of her personality remind me of my friend, one of my closest friend who is really positive and active.
    Thank you for your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hwisoo. I think you describe very well about your friend Eleonora's characteristics. I can feel she is a friendly and serious person. Because you gave many examples to show her personalities, the readers can clearly and easily understand them. And I can feel the friendship between you and she is close too. Also, I think you gave adequate description to Eleonora's appearance as I can imagine how she looks like. I would choose "friendly" to overall describe Eleonora because of the information in the eassy that she gave you her phone number at the first time you meet her and she always laughs at a loud voice and giggles with friends are impressive.
    Moreover, I think number of paragraph is appropriate, you organised well for relating each paragraph to certain characteristics of her. ^_^

    Pang Wing Pui

    ReplyDelete