Monday, January 4, 2016

IEW.Discription.SongInyeong

My Brother




Song In-young



He is a man with a fit body-shape. He is one of the best
dressers of sport wear. I see only one or two dress shirts among full
of sweat suits. It is partly because his hobby is playing sports, but
on the other hand, it is not irrelevant to his relaxed attitude toward
his life. He once told me that he hates fastening belts which tightens
his body, and dress shirts which has to be buttoned one by one. The
reason he mentioned was that they are uncomfortable and inconvenient
at the same time.




Actually, we can't see each other frequently, because I'm
living in Yong-in which is five hours away from my hometown and he is
living in there. So, when I come back to my hometown, Daegu,
south-east side of Korea, my brother welcomes me with a full smile on
his face. His cheeks are slightly loose, and it makes his smile more
comforting. He comes to pick me up with his sedan, but he doesn't like
driving. Thus, he gives me the key as soon as we meet in the station.
I remember he said, "I'm afraid of an accident. I only drive when it's
necessary.", when I asked him why don't you like driving.




When he was a child, he was a so much different person
from now. At first, he was a crybaby. My mom used to be worried about
it, because whenever she said something to him with her anger
regardless how light it was, he burst into tears without saying
anything. And it made her angry more. I still remember one day my mom
chased him and came back after an hour. And she didn't hear anything
from him. She just wanted to hear why he came back later than usual,
and he doesn't remember why.




One more, he was afraid of many things. It was too hard to
try to cook or getting in unlighted home at night. Until he graduate
middle school, when my parents are not home, I had to cook and serve
for him all the time. Getting in dark room and turning lights on was
always my job, too, of course.




He used to have a complex about his obese outfit. He
truly was, but he liked playing outside. At the same time, He was
competitive. Whenever he plays casual games like badminton, or chin-up
competition, his feeling depended on victory or defeat of the little
competitions among his friends. There is one example how he succeeded
in losing his weight and how much competitive he is.




Jumping rope was one of those competitions for him. There
was a friend him, who is named Kim Seong-yeop and he was a competitor
of jumping rope. His eagerness to win was more intensive than ever,
because Seong-yeop had been a friend for his lifetime. When Seong-yeop
jumped 100 times a day, my brother did 200 times a day. And then,
Seong-yeop did 250 times. End of their last year in middle school,
they both could jump 1,000 times with short breaks. Nobody knew it was
the result of his hard working or it was the time to grow, anyway he
grew to 170cm in his first year of high school. From the time, he
played team sport, especially basketball, which hadn't been able for
him to play it due to his slowness.




While he physically grew dramatically, he was turning
himself into an outgoing person. In his high school, he made a first
girlfriend, even though they broke up after some 30 days. At the day
the girl asked him out, he said, "I've never imagined dating with a
girl who likes me!" Now he is a bridge among our cousins. We care each
other, but we don't talk so much when we can talk on-line, since we
don't have any common activities. My brother always starts talking and
bridges us. I'm so proud of him about being an outgoing and confident
person after working hard to overcome his complex.




He's also relaxed and optimistic. He did not go to
college against parents' wish, just because he didn't want to do it,
unlike me. Actually, the decision was made on his life-long
indifference to studying in school. So, he spent two years doing
part-time job. In turn, he went to army to fulfill his military duty.
After he finished the duty, he started to prepare for an exam to be a
police officer, and he gave up taking the written test in the middle
of studying. But not like any other people who give up because of the
lack of ability, he just acknowledged studying is not his way to
succeed after working on it for four months.




I and my brother fought and even brawl when we were
children. As we grow, we are like a close friend. We play basketball,
and worry about my parents together. When the one of us is depressed,
the other raises up. I'm satisfied with our relationships very much
and I believe my brother is the best companion to rely on.

2 comments:

  1. Hii SongInyeong, I think you describe well about your brothers personalities and the attitude to sports.I can feel he really is an energetic an optimistic person. In the third paragraph you mentioned your brother was so much different from now.I would like to know about how he is like now too, to compare the one he once was. And I think it would be much better if you describe the facial features and some facial expression of your brother as well. Overall, I would choose "athletic" to describe your brother. It seems that he enjoy playing sports very much and he shares the characteristics and spirit of athlete like disciplinal and competitive. You related each paragraph to certain events and features, I think the number of paragraph is appropriate.:)

    Pang Wing Pui

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, This is Jee hyoun Kim. I like your essay. This essay is pretty well descriptive. The profesor must like it for describing it thoroughly. :) For the final essay, I recommend you to extract the most important part. That will be very helpful to deliver the main topic.

    ReplyDelete