Saturday, January 9, 2016

IEW-PangWingPui/character sketch Draft2


                               My little sister, Karlie                   

She is 7 years old. My little half-sister. Her name is Karlie. When I was 18, she came to my new family which has made our family become more real. Honestly, I felt a bit isolated when I know she was born. But at the moment I saw her, I loved her. A pair of bright big eyes, round face, little nose and little mouth, how lovely she was. She looked a bit like a western-chinese mixed baby because of her big eyes and long eyelash. I could not be distracted from looking at this cute and innocent baby.

  Now the big eyes are still here, some baby fat has gone but she still looks cute. Her face always looks excited and happy as if just got a new toy. She is always short compare with her classmates. Sometimes I would pick her up when she finished school, she always lines up at the most front of the line ordered by the height of the kids. Maybe it is because of her late birthday in December, she should be one of the smallest kids in her class.

   I was always attracted by her innocence. I feel happy when talking with her. In fact, she talks like an adult sometimes. Copying the tone and the sentences from my parents, which makes us laugh but never feel angry of her. She would order us "Stop watching TV and go to bed at once. Don't you know what time it is now?". Exactly is what my mother has told her before, but hearing those words said by a short little kids is funny. She is mischievous.

  Although she talks like an adult, she is actually caring. She has once seen me vomiting hard after eating some spicy and too oily food. She talked to me with a caring face "Are you ok? Next time don't choose that bowl of noodle, just follow what I eat. Mine was not spicy but it was also very yummy. OK?" Her tone was like a mother again. Vomiting is one of the most horrible things kids are afraid of. I can see from her worry face that she really pitied me so much for this.

  She is optimistic. I think she really shares the characteristics of Sagittarius. Generous, freedom and happiness. She always laughs and tends to forget the bad things easily. However, She has very low concentration for study. It really takes time to get her to finish daily homework. My mother even doubted she has a reading disorder, so she once took her to do a learning disorder test. The result was she just doesn't want to concentrate. Although she is not good enough for her school works, she is still happy all the time. I don't worry about it too because she is still a kid. As she grows up more, I believe it will be different. She is now still in the early stage of the long schooling journey.

  She aren't good at singing at all, her intonation is terrible. Last year, I guess there is no exception of any girl kids that she was so addicted to the animation "Frozen". She kept singing "Let it go" loudly with some motions at home, in the dream that she was Elsa. Her voice did not even come close to some high notes. I thought this Elsa was really funny that I could not contain myself to laugh hard. Anyhow, she has an aptitude for drawing. She has her own idea of drawing since she was little. Her works usually were chosen to be shown on the classroom board.

  I admire my sister's happiness. Since her positive attitude is totally different from me, I like the time being with her. I like her innocent and straight forward personalities which make me feel comfortable and real. Every time when I feel stressful, I want to give her a call. This little girl always makes me melt. Her sense of humor, abundant facial expressions always bring us laughable memories. Of course I would show her my biggest humor as well. She enjoys the time with me either. Now my sister has become one of my motivation to work hard, who also completes our family and who is very important to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment