Thursday, January 7, 2016

IEW/ Hwisoo Jung/ Final draft

Eleonora    201303233 Hwisoo Jung

Her name is Eleonora, I got to know her for the first time when I just started living in Siena, Italy. In early January 2015, on a cold winter day, I saw Eleonora and she was walking right beside me when I got lost on the street alone. Then, I started talking to her and asked for a right direction to go to Piazza del Campo(the main plaza in Siena). She was kind enough to accompany me to Piazza del Campo. After that, she kindheartedly gave me her phone number too. "Contact me whenever you need some help in Italy!" Smiling, she said to me with her own unique and husky voice affectionately. This is how I had started contacting this 16-year-old Italian high school girl, and since then we hung out from time to time afterwards.


 She's originally from Milan but moved to Siena five years ago with family because of her dad's work. Her mom, dad and two years older brother, Edoardo are living altogether for now in Siena. But Eleonora will apply for some universities in Milan this year to study there in the future, for more opportunities in her life.


Eleonora is my first Italian friend who has a long, wavy brown hair. She's average height, which is around 165cm and somewhat slim with long arms and legs. She goes to gym regularly to stay in fit. Thanks to her continuous effort at the gym, her stomach is flat. She likes wearing crop top to show off her flat stomach. Her big hazel eyes always twinkle with joy and excitement whenever she talks with people. Her intense eyes have something special that draws attention of other people and makes people keep looking her. She doesn't wear makeup that much but she wears lip gloss all the time when going out. Her freckles on the middle part of her nose, ruddy and freckled cheeks, two front snaggleteeth make her look more adorable and girlish. In fact, she really likes her freckles herself because she thinks it's her own characteristic. So she never tries to hide them, even when wearing makeup.


Eleonora loves drawing. She goes out at least once a week to draw in Piazza del Campo   sitting, relaxing there. Once, I hung out with her when she brought her sketchbook after she had decided to draw me. As she got started, I could observe her quite serious and professional look. Even if I called her, she was so focused on drawing that she didn't realize I had called her. After almost an hour, she finished at last and showed her drawing to me. "Drawing always makes me feel comfortable and soothe me, however I feel in any circumstance. I draw when I want to be lost in thought. I can always concentrate on my thinking by drawing." She grinned after saying so. Before I went back to Korea, she also had presented me some pieces of her amazing drawings. I could see how hard she had tried on her work and she looked truly happy when she gave her enthusiastically done drawings to others. She would be the happiest person in the world if you had complimented her on her drawings.


Eleonora is also an organized girl. She always brings diary with her so that she could remember her everyday trivial schedule. She showed me her diary once, and I was surprised at her meticulous planning. Unlike other typical Italian friends, she was very punctual and was never late at our appointment. Her friends also had tried to plan things on diary to be punctual like her, but just gave it up after trying it for 1 month in maximum. In other words, Eleonora doesn't like waiting for others. She often gets mad when her friends are late. But once they apologize for being late, she smiles again and becomes a cheerful, bubbly girl that laughs at a loud voice and giggles with friends all the time.


Others say that Eleonora is such an outgoing and friendly girl who doesn't stop smiling when she's with others. They say it's as if there's a bright light when they're with her because she lights up her surroundings with her own lively and vivacious character. I agree with these people's statements and you'll feel it right away once you meet Eleonora. She's not afraid of talking to strangers and rather, she really likes meeting new people and getting to know each other. When I also bumped into her for the first time, she asked me a lot of questions such as what I'm doing in Italy, why I had decided to study Italian, how I'm doing in Siena, if I like Italian food, the differences between Korea and Italy. She looked very curious of everything and I was also one of those who was attracted by her friendly attitude.


 She's such a lovely girl who gives joy to others not only with her bubbly characteristic but also with her drawings. She's my best Italian friend, and even if we can't meet anymore as we're too far away, I'm truly glad that we keep in touch still now.

No comments:

Post a Comment