Thursday, January 7, 2016

Daeseong Ko/Chapter 3 Final Draft/2016.01.07


What a Coincidence


I never thought that someone whom I met by chance would become my friend. Because I thought it would be hard to be familiar with person whom I met for the first time. I don't know what his hobby is, what he likes, what his favorite food is, and the like. However, one of my close friend completely changed this thinking.


 


When my first army training was finished, I went to Jeju for second military training. I went to the army camp which is called Jeju Coast Guard training camp and it was the place that I met him for the first time. He was standing right next to me. He wasn't tall but he was a kind of handsome person. Despite his quite short hair, his appearance, especially his face was eye-catching. His face was small but nose was relatively high, eye was big and had double eyelid. He had dark brown skin color, reminded me tanned person in summer.


 


At first, I thought he was quiet and calm person. Actually, he wasn't. After being familiar with him, I found that he was quite good at making a lot of jokes. We were able to be more familiar with each other than other people because we were at the same age. Most of Korean guy enter the military at the age of 21 or 22 but I did at the age of 24 so other people was younger than me except him. That's why I really appreciated that I met someone who was the same age as I am. More surprising thing was that he and I belonged to same university! I realized that I met my university friend in the military training camp! Can you imagine how surprise it is?


 


As time passed by, I found that he was really kind and he was positive and active person. He was at the head of every working. He volunteered every hard job like toilet-cleaning. He also helped other people. When he finished his mission, he helped the one who had not finished yet. The most frequently spoken words by him was "I'll do it", "It will be OK." The smile was always in his face even when the training was so tough. Furthermore, he never forgot cheering other person. When someone made a mistake, he cheered him to not make a same mistake.


 Few days ago, I made an appointment with him for eating dinner together and I went to 'Pizza School' which is in front of McDonald's near the HUFS. He was already there and waited for me inside of it. I just wanted to eat dinner together but he already bought 'bulgogi pizza' and 'chicken pizza' for me. When I saw him, he was wearing bright orange-colored jacket, black T-shirt with pocket on the lift chest and black high necked 'Converse' shoes which covered his ankle. He never told me what color he prefer but it seemed that he likes black color by watching his t-shirt and shoes. I found that even his earphone had black color. His skin color wasn't changed. It had dark brown color. His haircut grew much longer when I saw him in the training camp. His bobbed hair is neat and long enough to cover a half of his face. He had beard and mustache once, but they were gone at that time. May be he shaved his face.


 


His appearance was changed, but his personality didn't changed. While we was eating pizza together, he told me a lot of funny jokes. And when I told him bad things about my future, he replied that everything is going to be fine. Smile had never left his face.


 


 It is great fortune to me that I met him and he became my friend. I met him by chance at first but I've learned a lot from his kind, active and positive personality. Thanks for him, now I can be considerate for other people like what he did during military training and I can think more positive way rather than negative way. Lastly, my thinking that strangers cannot be my friend is totally changed. I believe anyone can be my friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment