Wednesday, January 6, 2016

201103990 Jee-hyoun Kim/ Chapter 3 essay First draft /IEW

Her name is Soon-Joo Hong. She is a good housewife who takes good care of her family. She is my mother. Like all the middle-aged Korean woman, she has a short and permed black hair. She has a short bang and that sometimes looks as if she were wearing a helmet. About 150 centimeter tall, she is considered short. Until she turned into the late forties, she used to have a slim body. As she got older, she gained some weight. But still, she is not considered as fat. Regular work out made her body fit. She hardly wear a make-up. She has big eyes with arched eye brows. She sometimes wear red framed glasses, which makes her look old-fashioned. Her lips are small, and they are bit protruded as if she was eager to talk about something. High cheek bones and strong chin make her look obstinate. I resembled her cheek bones and chin, and I think this is the only part of my body that I look alike her. My mother smiles like a child, and that smiley face makes her look younger than her age.

My mother speak before she thinks. So she often makes mistakes without her intention. I was feeling sick, and I needed medical examination. "You don't need it. It's a waste of money." she said. Her words gave me a feeling that she really didn't care about me, but money.  I went furious and argued with her that she only think of the money. After the argument, I could finally understand that what she wanted to told me is: "Everything will be fine. So you don't need to take such kind of medical examination." She did not noticed that the words might hurt my feelings. This kind of situation has happened a lot, and now I got used to it. Also, she is trying hard to think about how to say things properly, without saying it directly. I thought she could never fix it, buy she is trying for others. I respect her aspect like that.

Other people usually says that she is trustworthy and hardworking. Before marriage, she used to work as a piano teacher. The students used to like her for being honest: she told their weak points and strength directly. I heard that it helped them a lot for their improvement. For being honest, she helped them out in a good way

 

No comments:

Post a Comment