Tuesday, December 22, 2015

IEW: TSE SZE WAI / MY ATTITUDE TOWARDS WRITING

  


Writing has always been an unpleasant thing to me, especially when I have to write in English. When I was in secondary school, I had English writing class once a week. We had to finish an English essay before we can go home. Almost every week, I was the last student to leave the classroom. Those detentions were terrible. I do not know why but the words just refuse to come out. I tried to write more but my pen stayed still. Even though I eventually finished all those essays, most of them received negative feedback from my teacher. My English writing seem doomed to me since then.

 Fortunately, the situation has been improved a bit after I got into the university. Although I still have to write essays time by time, I feel a bit easier than back then. I do not have to take different kinds of subjects, like Mathematics, Physics and so on, so that I can focus more in English. Even though I cannot say I enjoy writing, at least my attitude towards it is going on a good way.

 

- TSE SZE WAI

3 comments:

  1. I am glad that you got better and your attitude changed. The same is with me. Before it was one of the worst things I had to do but now I look at writing as at something that would help me in the future, I think if we can organize things and ideas on paper the same goes in the real life.
    Kseniia Kim 201300918

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I understand the reason that you feel unpleasant about writing. Literally, writing was a work that you have to do if you want to go home. It was a sort of condition. You might feel burdensome because you couldn't enjoy it. But in my opinion, ironically, you the situation could be improved because you went through the writing task.
    Sujeong Seo 201101640

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ko Daeseong

    you mean you couldn't go home until you finish your English assignment?? wow you had a tough time. There's saying 'practice makes perfect.' Your writing skill will be improved by the time when this writing class is over.

    ReplyDelete