Tuesday, December 22, 2015

I.E.W-Ko Daeseong-attitudes/experiences with writing-2015.12.22


My earliest memories related to writing is that I helped someone writing English résumé. She had trouble writing address in English, introducing herself and using proper words. It was very pleasant because I realize that I can help someone with my English knowledge especially writing skill.


 Compared to writing in Korean, Writing in English is much more difficult. That's why English isn't my mother tongue, of course, but I have to be aware of grammatical things. When I writing in English, there is two things that I think about. One thing is that there is no passive form sentences in Korean. The other thing is that there is a lot more verbs in English than Korean. For example, Korean verb '듣다' becomes 'listen' and 'hear' in English.


Every time I write in English, I want every writing to become stepping stone for improving my writing skill.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your own experience. It is nice since use examples to express your opinions clearly. It sounds like you enjoy writing in English a lot, even though you have mentioned that writing in English is more difficult. Do you enjoy writing in English?
    -TSE SZE WAI

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound you proud of helping other people what is very good for you. The best way to improve writing skills is practice a lot. Also I agree with you that writing in English is more difficult compare with writing on native language. Wish you will be more confident with writing on English.

    201301547 Valeriya Bek

    ReplyDelete