Sunday, December 27, 2015

IEW-PangWingPui/Unit2 Experience that I remember clearly/27-12-2015

          Young can't live without dream, can they? They are going through the earliest stage of life. Even though future is full of uncertainty and worry, they believe there are still chances. It is never too late to follow dreams. Youth, who are passionate to try new things and looking for what they love to do, who  also own potential to create an own life, aren't they? So do I.

 

      In 2013, I came to Korea for continuing my study of Korean basically. At the same time, there is always another ambition in my mind. Without any plan, I made few stacks of name cards with an inexistent brand name and logo. I brought them to Korea with me. Just to wait and see if someday it can be real.

 

     As the time in Korea goes day by day, I went to school every day. Certainly my Korean ability stepped forward, meanwhile, my idea and sight of fashion accessory also stepped forward which is what I think I can't live without. I was trying to look for  inspiration in this Asian fashion country.

    One year pasted, one day in September, I happened to see a notice on an online forum which is about a flea market in a café, asking some sellers to participate. I was delighted because I see the chance which I had been wanting for so long. But I am a foreigner, Can I handle all the inquiries of the visitors? Will the organizer accept a foreigner to join? Can I introduce those products fluently? After some hesitation, I sent an email with the introduction of my products and brand background to the organizer. I first have the feeling that it has become a real brand. Two days later, I received a reply email that I was accepted to join them that Sunday. To my excitement, I started to plan the decoration and setting of my display corner at once.

  The day came, I wake up early to prepare for my new challenge in this foreign country. I ate a bread and then brought my collection and some amateur handmade rings and bracelets to head to there.

    There I was. Most of the sellers were already there when I arrived. There were wide variety of different creative products. Handmade soybean candles, cookies, vintage clothes, plants, handmade natural soaps and so on. I became nervous, I keep noticing to those fantastic products while I was walking to my corner. All of the sellers indeed were great artists instead of just sellers. They made very cute and beautiful works. I hope one day I can be capable to design and make the accessories on my own either.

     I was assigned to sit next to a sketcher who drew portray of visitors with an unique and lovely painting style as I saw the  pictures  displayed on the table. I then started to set up my table quietly and everyone was busy with their preparation as well until the market open. As I have an Asian face, seems no one  find  I am a foreigner here.

   12 o'clock, the market opened. All the sellers started to visit each other's counter and greet. After they found out I am not a Korean, they are really nice to me. Later when some visitors came to my corner and tried my items. At first, I totally have no idea of how to introduce my products in Korean, I kept silent except greeting. Surprisingly, a bracelets sellers sat right next to me stood out and helped me to introduce my items like her own works. She helped to make my first trade. I have learned a lot from her. She has taught me a lot of selling skills and expressions in Korean.

   We had a really nice day. I am really glad that I have met so many nice people in my first challenge. We exchanged our name cards and they all gave me support when we left. This is a very memorable experience. I will keep challenging in this field although I am still in a beginning stage.    



3 comments:

  1. As I am foreigner too, I understand how you were happy when people was nice to you. I was confused about Introduction. I think it is because of grammar issues. I think it would be better if you will explain your emotions and feeling rather then just explaining the situation. You used past continue and past simple, but sometimes you used present simple that makes me confused.
    As I said before I would like to know more about your feelings and maybe your plans for the future in terms of following your dream.
    Thanks
    201301547 Valeriya Bek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sujeong Seo
    Your experience sounds so lovely :) I want to see your products! Sometimes I stop by some fleamarkets in Hongdae or Itaewon, I can see many foreigners selling various products. There are many chances to experience more so keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. IEW-PangWingPui/Unit2 Experience that I remember clearly Draft 2

    It is never too late to follow your dreams. In 2013, I came to Korea for continuing my study of Korean basically. At the same time, there was always another ambition in my mind. Without any plan, I made few stacks of name cards with an inexistent brand name and logo. I brought them to Korea with me. Just to wait and see if someday it could be real.

    As the time in Korea went day by day, I went to school every day. Certainly my Korean ability stepped forward, meanwhile, my idea and sight of fashion accessory also stepped forward which was what I thought I couldn't live without. I was trying to look for inspiration in this Asian fashion country.

    One year pasted, one day in September, I happened to see a notice on an online forum which was about a flea market in a café, asking some sellers to participate. I was delighted because I saw the chance.But I am a foreigner, “Can I handle all the inquiries of the visitors? Will the organizer accept a foreigner to join? Can I introduce those products fluently?” After some hesitation, I sent an email with theintroduction of my products and brand background to the organizer. I first had the feeling that it had become a real brand. I finally received a reply email that I was accepted to join them that Sunday. To my excitement, I started to plan the decoration and setting of my display corner at once.

    The day came, I woke up early to prepare for my new challenge in this foreign country. After grabbing a bite, I brought my collection and some amateur handmade rings and bracelets to head to there.

    Most of the sellers were already there when I arrived. There were wide variety of different creative products. Handmade soybean candles, cookies, vintage clothes, plants, handmade natural soaps and so on. I became nervous, I kept noticing to those fantastic products while I was walking to my corner. All of the sellers indeed were great artists instead of just sellers. They made very cute and beautiful works. I hoped one day I can be capable to design and make the accessories on my own either.

    I was assigned to sit next to a sketcher who drew portray of visitors with an unique and lovely painting style as I saw the pictures displayed on the table. I then started to set up my table quietly and everyone was busy with their preparation as well until the market open. As I have an Asian face, seemed no one found I were a foreigner there.

    12 o'clock, the market opened. All the sellers started to visit each other's counters and greet. After they found out I am not a Korean, unexpectedly, they are really nice to me. Later when some visitors came to my corner and tried my items. At first I totally had no idea of how to introduce my products in Korean, I kept silent except greeting. Surprisingly, a bracelets sellers sat right next to me stood out and helped me to introduce my items like her own works. She helped to make my first trade. I have learned a lot from her. She has taught me a lot of selling skills and expressions in Korean. I was really touched.

    I am really glad that I have met so many nice people in my first challenge. We exchanged our name cards and they all gave me support when we left. This is a very memorable experience. I will keep challenging in this field although I am still in a beginning stage. Sometimes something may sound impossible, however, finally it really works. You are better than you think you are.

    ReplyDelete