Thursday, December 31, 2015

IEW / SujeongSeo / Task 3.2_A Cute Server

I was in a restaurant in a suburb. There were not that many people so I decided to observe an employee. A female server was plump and average in height. She was wearing glasses, shirts and an apron. Maybe she was in her early thirties. She asked us how the driving in the snow was. I felt like I was in my cousin's home because she was treating us very kindly with lovely smile. Her chubby hands and chin looked familiar.

We ordered our meals. I could see there were a cook in the kitchen, but she also made some side dishes. After a while, she served our plates but without forks and knives. She was a bit clumsy. And it seemed that she was not that quick to hear so customers had to call her several times. But she was treating them nicely with kind words.

After finished the main dishes, we ordered a cup of Affogato. When she came to us with it, my friend suddenly asked her what kind of ice cream they are using. She looked embarrassed with blushing cheeks and I thought it was because she forgot the brand. At the moment I hated my picky friend bothering her. So I talked to him, "Shut up and just eat." Right after my words, she said, "Yes!" The situation was little bit funny and she revised what she said. "I mean…. The ice cream is tasty…. You can trust me," she told him. She was honest. The ice cream was good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment