Sunday, December 27, 2015

IEW/ Kseniia Kim 201300918/ HW#2/ Draft Fear and Excitement

 The waves were roaring and slamming on the cliff. The water looked so dark and scary. I was standing 10 meters above the water and had no idea what was waiting for me there. I did not know how deep it was or what was in it. My heartbeat went much faster than usual it seemed like my heart wanted to jump out of a chest . I knew that time was coming and I could not stay there forever, I had to take a deep breath and jump.

            Fear, excitement, happiness all at the same time, I have never felt anything like that before. It was unbelievable. I remember tickling in my stomach and a strong wind slapping my face. In the beginning it was a strong feeling of adrenaline rush. Then, I felt so happy and that was a little strange to me because I did not expect that. Going into the water was another memorable experience. The cliff was so high up when I got to the water, at the speed it felt like I had hit a hard surface. I went so deep, it felt like I almost touch the sand but I knew it was not possible because of the depth. It was such a relief when got out of the water. When I took that breath of air I knew that I overcame my fear.

            One of the best experience I have ever had in my life. The jump taught me one very important thing that no matter how much you are scared of something, it is always worth it to put your efforts forward to overcome the struggle. The emotions and feelings you get while doing something new and exciting are priceless.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, this is Alexandra. One big advantage that I noticed here is that you used a great descriptive words and expressions, so it gives a full picture of what you have experienced. The essay is well-structured and organized, so it doesn't make me confused or lost when I read it. Your introduction is the beginning of the whole story, but I think that it would be better if it would be the message of your essay or your personal thoughts in the introduction part, so it may give a certain emotional background to readers. All in all, great essay! Look forward for your next essays.

    ReplyDelete

  2. The Overcoming Leap
    I was standing 10 meters above the dark and scary water, and had no idea what was waiting for me there. The waves were roaring and slamming on the cliff. I got a little anxious thinking about the jump and, suddenly, I heard “Jump, Kseniia, do it!” That was one of my friends standing behind me, holding a phone waiting to record the jump. I tried to smile but in reality, my face showed terror. I took one-step forward and I did not have enough air in my lungs. My heartbeat started to beat faster. It seemed like my heart wanted to jump out of my chest. I knew that the time was coming and I could not stay there forever. I had to take a deep breath and jump.
    Fear, excitement, happiness all at the same time. I have never felt anything like that before. It was unbelievable. I remember tickling in my stomach and a strong wind slapping my face. In the beginning, I had a strong adrenaline rush. Then, I felt so happy and that was a little strange to me because I did not expect that.
    Going into the water was another memorable experience. The cliff was so high up. When I hit the water at that speed, it felt like I had hit a hard surface. I went so deep, it felt like I almost touched the sand. I knew it was impossible because of the depth of the water. When finally I got out of the water to get some air, a huge strong wave hit me. I lost control and rolled around a few times. After a couple of minutes, I finally made it to shore. It was such a relief when I got out of the water. When I took that breath of air, I knew that I overcame my fear.
    One of the best experiences I have ever had in my life. The adrenaline rush, tickling in my stomach, losing control over my body and fear. Every time I think about the jump I smile. I still have the video that my friends took of me jumping from the cliff. It looks awesome and it seems like it took me no more than a few seconds to hit the water. However, to me it lasted forever. The jump taught me one important thing, that it is always worth it to overcome your fears. The emotions you get while doing something new and exciting are priceless.

    ReplyDelete