Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Daeseong Ko/Second Draft/Dec.30


'Turning point'


 


Most of high school students will go to university someday. It seems common thing to everyone but to me, it is more than becoming university student.


Students in Jeju-do, my friends usually stayed their hometown because most of their parents were conservative so they didn't let their children leave their birthplace. However, I wanted to leave. I stayed there too long and it was so boring. I hated that such narrow place and my dream was becoming an interpreter. I thought it was nice job for being able to make a lot of money, travel around the world and become English expert. So I decided to go HUFS. However, it was really challenging. As I said, like the other parents, my parents didn't wanted to go another place except Jeju.


 I had to change their mind. I told them "I hope to experience a lot of things. I want to see the place I've never been to and study outside of this place." Of course they opposed at first. After I tried to persuade them many times, finally they let me to do that.


 Staying in dormitory was interesting. I had stayed with my family whole time before that so I should be more careful. I had to be nice not to have any trouble with my roommate. I should be quiet when he was studying or sleeping and make things that were used by both of us clear. So, I was able to become more considerate person.


When I attended to foreign professor's class, both nervous and excited feeling came to me. I was excited because it was the first time to take an English class from foreign teacher and I worried that I didn't have enough confidence and experience in speaking and writing in English. I felt like I couldn't speak well, wrote well and even got fine grade. After being present at class many times however, I realized that I should not afraid of making mistakes and I could improve myself by study. Soon I enjoyed my class.


 Sometimes, loneliness bothered me. I was far away from my family and I had to do many things by myself; buying medicine when I had a cold, cooking food and so on. Especially when I was sick and there was no one who could help me, it felt like I was alone in this world. But I knew that I must overcome that loneliness so I tried to get over it and finally I succeeded.


 And now, I think I become totally different person after entering University. I've learned many things like consideration, self-confidence, and so on since my university life was started. I think it is the time that my new life was started in new place. So, this is why I want to tell that becoming university student was 'turning point' of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment